Job Description Summary:
The Software Engineer in Test (SET) will join the quality engineering team. You will develop automated test infrastructure to support leading-edge development and deployment of a FDA regulated Software as a Medical Device (SaMD). As the quality team member responsible for functional, system and integration tests, you will develop in close partnership with product management, software engineers and quality engineers, automated test frameworks and suites that fulfill the testing requirements within a software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will partner with others to adopt techniques to improve product quality early and help quality engineers use knowledge of technology to improve the practice of product verification.
- Experience in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, debugging
- Experience in designing and writing comprehensive scalable test cases and procedures for functional, performance and integration testing
- Adeptness working within a Scrum/Agile methodology
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, product managers
- Inherent willingness to be a total team player, i.e., do what it takes for the team to succeed and achieve
- Perform end-to-end testing initiatives throughout the entire SDLC from test planning, test design, test execution, and test reporting. This includes performance testing, stress testing, unit testing, UI testing, API testing, automation testing, includes functional, regression, UAT, black box, white box, etc.
- Contribute to test strategy, conduct requirements analysis for testability, identify scope, conduct risk and mitigation planning, configuration management planning, write master and detailed test plans for test planning and design.
- Improve automation testing frameworks and tools for API and web-based applications. Drive standardization and adoption of test automation technologies that will scale with growth.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment environments and pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other technical teams, analysts and deliver processes and tools to support the organization
- Appreciation of the customer perspective, i.e., an end user view
- Upgrade existing practices and processes as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in enterprise software development
- Good analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Familiarity with reading software code, it’s flows, data structures, end points
- Familiar with distributed architectures, web service APIs (e.g. HTTP, REST)
- Experience in a high paced agile/DevOps development environment.
- 1+ years’ experience with CI/CD pipelines
- 1+ years’ experience with docker or kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
- Experience developing in a Windows, Linux, environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Experience with browser technologies, i.e., Edge, Chrome
- Practical knowledge and experience with relational database (e.g.SQL) development
- 2+ years’ experience maintaining a UI automation suite, e.g., Selenium, Appium
- Familiarity in software testing throughout the SDLC, regression, functional, unit, component, contract, integration, black-box, white box, UAT, usability, stress testing, performance testing, etc.
- Knowledge of software test engineering best practices across the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, test case management
- Capable of working in a dynamic and startup environment
- Experience working with non-technical team members, with project management, planning
- Experience with Atlassian tools, e.g. Confluence, Jira, BitBucket
- Experience with Tricentis tools, e.g., qTest
- Experience with Low code/No Code tools, e.g., mabl
- Experience with Linux, Kubernetes.
- Experience with performance and scalability testing
- Experience in regulated industries, e.g. FDA class II medical device, Healthcare IT
- M.S./B.S. in Engineering, Information Systems or Computer Science and 4+ years of applicable experience or equivalent work experience
- Travel may be required occasionally
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of references, a background check, and a drug test.