Glytec is an insulin management software company for healthcare providers focused on improving the quality and cost of care. Its FDA-cleared titration software and proprietary algorithms power the only solution capable of delivering personalized diabetes treatment recommendations across the continuum of care, from hospital to home. With ongoing support from its team of doctors, nurses, and technologists headquartered outside of Boston, Glytec improves outcomes and controls costs for the large population of patients requiring insulin treatment – including those with and without a diagnosis of diabetes.
As a Data Engineer and member of Glytec’s Analytics team, you will be responsible for the creation of ETL/ELT pipelines on the Cloud platform. You will be working on bringing On Prem data to Cloud and building a new Cloud Data Warehouse. You are deeply curious, driven to understand our business, product, and technology, and to apply that knowledge to create better outcomes for patients and drive efficiencies for our customers
- Design and implement data load processes from Cloud or On Premises data sources into Azure Data Lake and subsequent Azure SQL & Azure Synapse.
- Migrate existing processes and data from On Premises SQL Server and other environments to Azure Data Lake and ultimately to Azure Synapse.
- Design & implement Azure Data Factory pipelines for orchestration of ETL processes/tasks with a focus on data quality.
- Work closely and Collaborate with BI and Research teams.
- Work with data modelers, data stewards to understand the business requirements.
- Contribute to assessing the appropriate data platform(s) for solutioning efforts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of cloud experience in Azure: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL & Azure Synapse.
- Has hands-on experience in building ETL/ELT pipelines and workflows.
- Has good experience in migrating data from ‘On Prem’ to Cloud.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and Stored Procedure Creation with ability to write performance tuned queries and Stored Procedures.
- Strong Experience with Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts.
- Experience with Python and Data Bricks is a big plus
- Nice to have hands on data modeling experience.
- Nights and weekends may be required to achieve the goals of the department and the company
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of references, a background check, and a drug test.